AccessPoint is looking for a Design Engineer for our IT Client in the Detroit area. This is a long-term contract opportunity. Employee must work on site and be local to the area.
The Desktop Engineer-SNOW ensures the reliability and stability of assigned desktop productivity platforms, applications and administers the SNOW infrastructure used for Software Asset Management on servers and endpoints. License management experience is required. Completes technical tasks (complex and otherwise), leads projects, troubleshoots issues, and researches new methods and systems to support the endpoint experience.
• Administer the 18,000+ SNOW agents installed in the enterprise to ensure agent health.
• Monitor adds/moves/changes to the corporate network to validate that the SNOW inventory is accurate.
• Assist in SNOW server software upgrades.
• Utilizes general knowledge of license models and software products offered by Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, etc.
• Responsible for working with multiple teams to deliver upgrades, updates, patches, & deployment of new and existing enterprise applications (e.g. Java, Antivirus, Internet Explorer etc.)
• Communicate endpoint technology trends, issues and outages to management and peers, including making recommendations for desktop productivity applications and upgrades.
• Perform, test, and oversee upgrades to new versions of Microsoft Office and Operating Systems as needed and/or required.
• Work hand in hand with IT Business Relationship Management teams to help design and deliver endpoint desktop productivity related solutions.
• Research, evaluate and recommend new desktop, laptop and mobile devices for the environment.
• Generate endpoint related reporting to management.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution to large scale endpoint issues utilizing endpoint management and scripting tools.
• Provide documentation, training and knowledge transfer to Level 1 and 2 Endpoint staff.
• Serve as Level 3 escalation for endpoint related issues.
Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred. 7 years of relevant technical work experience required. SNOW Engineer certification preferred. MCSE or MCSA are a benefit.