AccessPoint is looking for a SQL DBA for our client in the Metro-Detroit area for a 1 year contract with possible extension. ASAP start. Candidates must be local.
1) Performing required maintenance on legacy systems
2) Document current database infrastructure
3) Design and implement changes to existing systems as required
4) Perform data sanitation and updates as required
5) Provide SQL Database Operational support to users
1) 8+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments that support access databases
2) Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005 and 2008 )
3) Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
4) Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
5) Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
6) Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
7) Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
8) SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )