AccessPoint is looking for a Sr. Project Manager for our client in the Southfield area for a 6 month contract. No corp-to-corp candidates. Employee must work on site and be local to the area. The Senior Project Manager leads business operations, SMEs, and IT to implement solutions to complex business problems by facilitating root cause analysis and process improvement design, driving solution planning and delivery, and analyzing and controlling solution costs to ROI.
• Responsible for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing complex application and system implementation projects using a formal project management methodology.
• Responsible for ensuring projects deliver expected value.
• Concurrently manages multiple projects of moderate size.
• Develops strategic plans for projects of high business complexity.
• Develops and maintains detailed plans and schedules, risk and issue logs, project budgets, and resource allocations.
• Monitors project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, and/or schedule.
• Assists in establishing and improving project management methodologies, procedures, and policies.
• Coaches and mentors individuals on the project teams and provides feedback on performance to their leaders.
• Adheres to Project Management Office policies, procedures, and methodologies.
• Oversees client/customer relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met.
• Determines creative solutions to strategic and operational needs.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company’s learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Seven years experience is a related filed with demonstrated knowledge that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
• Complete knowledge of the Project Management Institute’s standards and terminology.
• Ability to organize complex objectives into individual related tasks and measurable deliverables.
• Highly skilled in identifying task structures, relationships, and dependencies.
• Ability to facilitate meetings of all sizes for requirements, definition, and documentation, project planning, solution design, decision negotiations, risk and issue identification and management, and status tracking.
• Highly skilled in identifying and resolving root cause issues.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lead toward resolution by inspiring an assigned team, asking probing questions, reconciling different viewpoints, fostering consensus, and stimulating thinking in oneself and others.
• Expertise in managing one or more medium to large projects of complex dependencies and risks and project metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule.
• Ability to lead organization change, business process improvement, and business transformation.
• Expertise in developing, publishing, and presenting executive project health reports.
• Ability to manage vendor delivery to a project.
• Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Visio, Word.
• Ability to use SharePoint and Excel, with knowledge of charting and data analysis.