AccessPoint is looking for a QA Team Lead for our client in the Detroit area for a 1 year contract.
No corp-to-corp candidates. Employee must work on site and be local to the area.
Description: QA Lead is responsible for the overall outcome of any given project. He or she will do everything in his/her capacity to ensure a successful outcome within given budget and timeframe. He or she will coordinate and lead all activities of testing including system, integration, regression, end to end and performance testing of medium to a large complexity projects. The QA Lead must be a self-starter and be able to work with little or no supervision. He or she is responsible for leading the testing of new applications and coordinate all testing activities. He/she also determines testing strategies and provides testing resource estimations and consulting to project teams. He/she documents and assists in the resolution of complex problems and issues. The applicant should be having expertise in collaborating with external vendors, business and technical resources to analyze problems encountered in testing and determining changes required to correct problems.
Top Three Skills/Experience
· Minimum 8 to 10 years related experience preferred
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience leading project testing
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working on US Healthcare projects
· Strong skills required in communications, leadership, presentations to senior management, problem-solving, project management, team development and organization
· Extensive experience in leading complex projects with division or organization-wide scope · Experience in estimating testing effort for projects for all sizes and kinds
· Prepare, review and maintain all required QA deliverables
· Mentor and groom test team members into their next role
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience in leading team of QA Analysts
· Must have the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes while maintaining urgency in completing assigned tasks
· Should also be a hands-on test analyst to supplement or replace any test analysts in the team as required
· Ability to convert requirements (Business, Functional and Technical) into test strategy/plan, test scenarios and test cases
· Experience and ability to participate in test planning, coordination and resource estimation for the project
· Prepare and manage test schedule, resources with project development schedule
· Should be able to coordinate with internal and external teams
· Propose testing best practices across clients/industry to strengthen testing methodology · Successful teamwork experience & demonstrated leadership abilities
· Solid understanding of relational database concepts
· Experience in writing SQL queries
· Will be responsible for explaining and validating test results to peers as well as clients
· Solid time management skills with emphasis on multi-tasking
· Experience in managing Agile projects for at least 2 years
· ISTQB Foundation Level or equivalent certification is required or must be obtained within three months of start date.
· Bachelor's degree in related field is required