AccessPoint is looking for a SQL DBA for our client in the Metro-Detroit area for a 1 year contract with possible extension. ASAP start. C2C is not available for this position. Candidates must be local.
With general guidance and coaching, should be able to maintain and support physical databases on specific database technologies. Designs and develops backup, recovery, archiving and conversion strategies. Designs and develops physical layers of various databases. Utilizes logical model to ensure efficient and reliable database performance. Manages and maintains data in all production and non-production databases. Manages database distribution, security and access requirements. Adheres to administrative policies and procedures, priorities and methodologies. Performs testing, reporting, backup and restoration of data. Performs installation and upgrade of database software. Significant creativity is required. Ability to work in a team environment and good communication skills.
• Assists in creating and maintaining SQL server databases.
• Maintains database administration standards and procedures
• Assists programmers in application implementation
• Migrates application programs and related systems to production, and quality assurance environments
• Assists programmers with complex queries and has the ability to tune queries to optimize performance
• Provides assistance with the usage of database utilities or other related development tools
Experience with Database administration of SQL server 2016,2012, 2008, 2005 and 2000.
• Five years experience supporting the development of SQL server applications.
• Five years relation database technology expertise
• Five years of experience in SQL and scripting.
• Significant experience in identifying and resolving SQL performance issues
• Service oriented and able to share technical knowledge with others
• Responds to requests for assistance, with some requests requiring formal responses.
• Experience is SQL server Cluster, Cluster databases, Mirroring, Snapshot
• Experience with Quest performance monitoring tool.